Monday, August 21, 2006

worries

although i have caught a man, and therefore don't need to worry anymore about my weight or excess body or facial hair, there are still a few things that truly keep me up at night:

  • where in my new department do i get copies made and how much lead time do i need? do i make them myself when it's a handout for my class, or does someone do that for us? this is apparently of great concern to me, because i agonize about it frequently.

  • should i spring for a reserved parking space on campus????? this costs 124 dollars a year, and so therefore seems maybe worth it to have a guaranteed spot with a shorter walk, but what if i'm a big fat sucker??? i need a sign to tell me what to do.

  • who will go with me to the ween/flaming lips/sonic youth concert at the new york state fair?? chad will have left a few days before that. i love those bands, i love live music, and i think state fairs are weird and fun. should i go by myself? what if i get lost?

  • is it worth a trip back to state college to get my hair cut by the person i trust and to go to my chiropractor to fix my shoulder again? it's a 3.5 hour drive, and these people are very good at their jobs. i hate having to find a new hair person. and my stupid shoulder is being aggravated by running, of all stupid things. (based on past convos with the chiro, i think i understand why, but it's too boring to reproduce here.)
  • 5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    and listen, on the hair thing: here's a secret that everybody and nobody seems to understand - nobody but you can tell when you get a good or a bad haircut. this is truth. TRUTH. at least guys never notice. you could get it cut by a blind man wielding a piece of sharpened wood, chad wouldn't even notice.

    Elizabeth said...

    thanks, guys. now about that concert. . . . .

    Anonymous said...

    Hey, who cuts your hair? I still need someone. I would totally go for that space.

    I've gone to see music by myself. Not a big concert, but it was still a weird experience. I spent the whole time imagining that other people were imagining what a loser I was. So, in order to counteract all their imaginary pity, I just pretended like I was a journalist, writing a story on this band. Not that I did anything to give off this impression, of course. I just gave of the air of a journalist.
    -jenny

    Anonymous said...

    Whooops. I have OFF the air of a journalist.

    That had to be the worst post I've ever written. Stream of thought, baby.

    Anonymous said...

    Shit. Forget it. I'm full of typos today, and I'm low on proofreading.