Wednesday, August 16, 2006

i am so not butch

though i am competent in several life-skill areas, and can lift heavy things, when i open, say, a blind that i ordered and that just arrived via UPS, and i read the directions about installing it, with the studs and the braces and the screws and the measuring, i realize that there is very little keeping me from just staple-gunning an old t-shirt over the window and being done with it.

we've got acres of such instructions, and luckily chad can read them and follow them without crying. unlike me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don’t knock the t-shirt and staples route. I once made a lovely valence out of an old Hooters ™ tee and the staples left over from my eldest child’s appendectomy! And as for your tears: mix’em up with a little cumin for a lovely organic glitter!

Justin said...

don't despair: "staple-gunning an old t-shirt over the window" sounds butch to me.

Anonymous said...

I say the t-shirt is a good solution, but only a short-term solution. Set a date to take it down right away. When I moved into my place I threw a fitted sheet over the curtain rod and topped it off with a tiny strand of fake ivy. That was 1998. It's still there. Shame, thy name is Margaret.