that people assume loud women interested in popular culture are not "intellectual"?
that it's possible to clean your face with oil?
that sarah michelle gellar is a republican?
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I often find myself hoping your "did you know" entries will spin out into their own elaborate discussions. Or explanations. Like they're teasers for the 11pm news.
This time, in particular, I hope I'm the only member of your public who immediately doused his or her face in 10w-30 Quaker State, only to realize that might not be what you meant.
ADR: i find them around and before i post them i cross check them on the "internet."
DS and ADR: the idea is that oil dissolves oil. remember chemistry class and solvents? and that oil and water don't mix? that's the idea. but you should use a clean oil, like food-grade mineral oil or jojoba oil bought in a health food store or something. dudes, i just report the facts.
i was an assistant professor of English in the ROC. now i am a visiting assistant professor of English in the thinly veiled town of Whitesville, home of a big southern research university.
there are many travails to report in the life of such a person as myself, but you shan't find them here. if you are a student or a colleague, welcome! and never fear; your secrets are safe with me.
i enjoy staring, cooking, complaining, yoga, and the occasional bon mot.
most comments welcome, or email me: E.in.Whitesville at gmail dot com.
4 comments:
I often find myself hoping your "did you know" entries will spin out into their own elaborate discussions. Or explanations. Like they're teasers for the 11pm news.
This time, in particular, I hope I'm the only member of your public who immediately doused his or her face in 10w-30 Quaker State, only to realize that might not be what you meant.
Where do you find these gems of information?
And for Dr. S and me - what kind of oil?
DS: start your own discussion.
ADR: i find them around and before i post them i cross check them on the "internet."
DS and ADR: the idea is that oil dissolves oil. remember chemistry class and solvents? and that oil and water don't mix? that's the idea. but you should use a clean oil, like food-grade mineral oil or jojoba oil bought in a health food store or something. dudes, i just report the facts.
Chemistry class? Solvents?
In fact, I do not remember.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Post a Comment