Friday, June 30, 2006
you know what?
i realized today, with a feeling of liberation, that i hate melon. watermelon i've always known i've hated; today when contemplating the pre-cut fruit at the whole foods, and deciding between various mixes including pineapple, berries and honeydew, watermelon and cantaloupe, the idea of the melon just made me suddenly realize that i just plain can't stand the taste, texture or smell of melon. for this coming independence day, let me declare my independence from the social pressure to eat melon in the summertime!! i denounce you!!! i am free!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dude, so with you on watermelon, but with some caveats. (Meaning exceptions - is that the word? Or did I just say with some neckties? Fucking Ph.D's got me all nervous about stuff like that.) Eating watermelon sucks so bad that I can't even understand the popularity. Why not just chew ice chips while somebody sprays grape soda all over you? Because that's the end result. Know what I mean? But the smell rocks, which is why they are coming out with a watermelon flavored cigarette, and I'm not even lying.
Congrats on the defense! Did you come into the room with a big white D and a cardboard cutout of a picket fence? Or have they seen that a jillion times?
Conor
i didn't do that, but someone did sit behind my committee with a bunch of those foamy squiggly things to distract me. did it distract me from my dead-eye focus? no, it did not.
Post a Comment