over yonder, flavia has made clear her feelings on the blog practice of creating memes, and i can't say i don't share her feelings about them, including the pressure of responding to them, and also the fun of reading them. so, while she didn't officially tag me? i happened to feel tagged nevertheless.
and in further agreement with good old flavia, i heartily super-duper deluxe second her #s 4, 5 and 7. and so, stuff i personally wonder about:
1. are the cats trainable?
2. why do members of my extended family read my blog and discuss it with each other but never comment on it or email me to see how i am doing?
3. what in the world is appealing about the republican party? it just seems like black and white to me that you don't support the party who doesn't help the Little Guy. i realize it's a lot more complicated than that, but i just always totally assumed that republicans help rich people, and i am not a rich person and neither is almost anyone i know, so you do the math. i guess people like to maybe align themselves with rich people?
4. why would anyone ever buy a chevrolet monte carlo?
5. how does it make sense to oppose gay marriage? i mean, if you think the family is dissolving, why not make more families? if you think it's gross, aren't there other things that you think are gross that you don't encounter and therefore that don't sully your landscape? does gay people being married make you less married? why do people say "no" when saying "yes" costs them nothing?
6. what do dogs' thoughts look like?
7. why do some people always look great and put together, but i spend about 85% of the time looking like a sweaty wrinkly drooping bloated mess? is it just a matter of standing up straight and not walking so fast?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Growing up, I learned that what Americans love most of all is to root for the underdog. A legacy of the revolution, I guess.
But maybe once the underdog becomes a bloated global superpower, helping The Little Guy becomes quaint.
Monte Carlos, however, never go out of style.
With due respect to Rock, the current Monte Carlo is an unattractive cartoon car.
It was not until I was in my late teens-early 20's that I discovered ol' Joe was a Republican. Until then, I just assumed he was a Democrat. I was surprised.
No idea about your extended family's behavior. I find "Human Nature" explains a lot for me.
Post a Comment