Tuesday, September 12, 2006

alone in fanship


i do believe that chad and i are the only humans on earth who watch "Rockstar: Supernova," which I guess means advertising rates are pretty cheap.

anway. i also (and i believe chad may in fact agree with me) happen to believe that the film "some kind of monster," a documentary about the band Metallica, is one of the Greatest Films Ever. not sure if i have the energy now to say why, but i will for now settle for saying that it's among the least-clichéd pieces of film i've ever seen.

jason newsted is a former member of metallica, and a member of supernova, the band looking for a leader around which the show revolves. and, in the venn diagram of "rocker" and "nerd," he lives in the overlap. super serious, unlike supernova bandmate tommy lee, always kind of out of fashion, seemingly kind of an intense loner--not just a poser loner intense brooding dude as one might expect. good on you, jason, for being a nerdy rock star.

also, one of the contestants, lukas rossi, looks A LOT like one of our cats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The entire country of Iceland is with you! They were all over Magni. I'm on an Iceland news listserv and apparently everyone in Iceland (okay, all 275,000 of them) was fixated on this show.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but ROCK STAR INXS was so much bettah! (Although no one can really replace La Hutchence.)

I am fixated on America's Next Top Model. AND I fear that I am not alone.