Saturday, October 04, 2008

week in review

this week, so far, i have graded 43 papers.  i have come within spitting distance of both david sedaris and peter singer.  i realized that my weight has gone up in equivalent parallel to the conventions of vanity sizing in the last ten years.  i gained insight into an article i've been working on--maybe a little too much insight.  i somehow injured or twisted my shoulder pulling up my pants in the bathroom.**  i finally went on a long-overdue shopping mission with B.  i realized that i should take some of the same writing advice i give to my students.  i realized i should not have volunteered to teach an extra class this quarter (for more time off later, but it wasn't time i could afford now).  i finally cut some rastafarian-esque matts out of francis the kitty's fur.  

**this is only the latest in a lifetime of minor injuries i have suffered under rather undignified circumstances.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big week! Cut any matts of Singer or Sedaris, didja?

bonnie lenore kyburz said...

Sedaris. bliss.

your asterisked line has me laughing still. i've been there :)

Anonymous said...

When I first read you post, I thought you were in spitting distance of Pete Seeger, who until this vary moment I spent my entire life thinking was the real name of Bob Seger (from Silver Bullet Band fame).

I usually judge my distance from a band or famous person by how large a piece of fruit I could throw at them. Just a couple of weeks ago I could have chucked a whole watermelon at LeVar Buton.