the wireless connection that i paid extra for in my hotel room doesn’t work. i call the front desk to get in touch with the tech help desk, like they told me to.
me: hi, my connection doesn’t work. they told me that i could call you and you’d connect me to the help desk.
FD: yes, here is the number.
me: i don’t want to pay for the call; can’t you just connect me?
FD: ok, here.
ring, ring
Help desk: (sound of kids playing in background) hello?
me: Oh, I’m sorry, I must have the wrong number, i was calling for the X help desk.
HD: no, this is the right number, that’s me.
Me: OK. Well, my computer keeps losing the wireless signal I paid for.
HD: Do you have a PC or Mac?
Me: mac.
HD: oh, yah, a lady called a little while ago with a problem that sounded about like that.
me: um, really?
HD: yah, there’s something wrong.
me: yes, and, er, what did you do?
HD: well, I’m several hours away from the hotel, eh?
me: oh. . . .kay . . . .
HD: (sound of buttons being pushed) oh, I see you’re on there. You’re in 3504?
me: yes, but i’m not connected.
HD: yes, i see that it’s idle.
me: (very confused) so, uh, er, can you fix it?
HD: well, I’m several hours away from the hotel, eh?
me: uh-huh?
HD: and that other lady had the same problem, eh?
me: right, so does that mean you can’t fix it?
HD: not tonight. Maybe i can drive out there tomorrow?
me: i see. OK, so i’ll just keep trying what i was doing and hope for the best?
HD: yah, and have a good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bad manners may be the norm in the U.S., but it's nice to see that in Vancouver, people still wish one "a good night!"
Post a Comment