Saturday, November 18, 2006

decorations

if you know me, or if you've read this blog before, you know that i am something of a Badass. i criticize, i mean critique, the mundane, the bourgeois, the everyday, the insipid. i am very hip and very aware of much of the ridiculosity that surrounds us. i love les bon mots. etc.

and but. i. must. hang. a. wreath. on. my. front. door. i have been snickering at the care bear brigade and the butterfly patrol and their flags ever since they first appeared, and yet there is something in my constitution which is compelling me to decorate the house for the holidays. I DON'T EVEN NECESSARILY LIKE THE WREATH!! but i HAVE to have it!! and i might even put up some lights!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given the absence of visual "evidence" of this wreath, I trust that this "post" is to be taken ironically, a biting meta-"critique" of the representation of the representation of holiday cheer. C'est bon.

Anonymous said...

Beth, you rock, just put the wreath up and sing a little prayer, wouldya?
Must I use "smart" quotes if I respond to a blog? Oh yawn...
Signed,
Old friend in OHIO!
MISS YOU!
Kel

Elizabeth said...

if the above is from kelly m. of columbus, formerly of mansfield, mother of syd, HOW DARE YOU not leave your email address???

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.