what religion are you?
is your partner an academic?
what does your project have to do with me?
hypothetically speaking, how would you vote on [actual current department controversy]?
who do you think you are?
do you have any handicaps or disabilities?
have you read a book that i have read?
why don't you think the same way i do?
do you always dress like that?
what is your favorite perfume?
what is your most painful childhood memory?

3 comments:
My favorite question, asked by a graduate student at...well...a school to remain unnamed:
"So, is your father in the mafia?"
I wish I would have said "There's no such thing as the mafia," which would have been a hundred times cooler. Instead I just narrowed my eyes and eyes and said "That's right."
this is helpful! i'm going to print it out and take to our next candidate's job talk so i don't miss a single important question that you have outlined here.
hello.
since you started it: what IS your favorite perfume?
Post a Comment