Saturday, March 03, 2007

overheard


Maebe: Lola?

Lola: What.

Maebe: Do you think Elizabeth is a good singer?

Lola: Are you kidding? You mean like in the car? She's great! Too bad she's too old to audition for "American Idol."

Maebe: What are your favorite songs that she sings?

Lola: Well, she has the most practice with Prince's "Gett Off" and Van Morrison's "And It Stoned Me." But I really like her rendition of kd lang's version of "Bird On a Wire."

Maebe: Yeah, me too. Why does she like the White Stripes so much?

Lola: Dude, because they rock so very much. You know she likes Led Zeppelin, even though she wouldn't admit it to anyone. And the White Stripes sound a lot like Led Zeppelin, like it or not.

Maebe: Oh, I like it. Anyway, good night.

Lola: Good night. Jerk.

Maebe: What was that?

Lola: Nothing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this blog is nothing but secular humanism (that is, bad).

Anonymous said...

But can you sing Led Zepplin like Dolly Parton?