Sunday, March 15, 2009

posthuman apology

what if someone really fraks up and you want them to know about it, but nothing terrible happened as a result (but could have), and they apologize and apologize and you are not interested in acting either injured or in lording it over them, but you also don't care to/wouldn't presume to forgive them, and but you also want them to stop apologizing because it's making you uncomfortable?  maybe you shouldn't let them know about it in the first place?  but why the heck not?  they frakked up, dammit, and perhaps now your relationship is different as a result.  life sure is full of choices!  or not.  how do you get them to stop apologizing, for frak's sake?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that little motherfrakker STILL apologizing? jeez. (also when did it become frak instead of frack?)

Midmodern Scholar said...

hmmm.. .
After a conversation with our beloved mutual friend who is not named Deb, I have come to believe that what you should say after each and every apology is:

"Thank you. If I weren't on my way out, I'd offer you some food or water."